Omnia is not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, with a proposal to revitalize the north side of the Downtown Naperville train station by replacing the unsightly, asphalt surface parking lots and old buildings with:
• a sheltered underground parking garage that more than doubles the present parking spaces for commuters,
• new residences,
• a Cultural Center with a Performing Arts Center as the anchor.
Omnia believes its proposal will create an exciting “Picture Post Card” entrance to Naperville worthy of Naperville’s designation as one of the best US cities in which to live!
The Omnia proposal has many benefits:
• The underground garage with 950 new spaces will be built first – current commuters will use the Water Tower parking lot during construction.
• No more ice scraping at 6 p.m.!
• No more 8-10 year wait for a parking permit!
Current Residents and new Residents!
• Residences with their own parking will then be built on the current parking lots.
• Residents will enjoy a “pedestrian-friendly, live-work-play, 24/7” Town Center.
• Last to be constructed will be a Performing Arts Center that will allow for convenient, less expensive opportunities for arts and entertainment right in your own backyard!
Omnia - an “economic engine” that will stimulate the local economy!
• The estimated positive economic impact of Omnia is $150 million annually.
• The City of Naperville will receive ongoing quarterly income from 950 new parking permits as soon as the underground garage is completed.
Omnia presented its entire concept at a Public Meeting on June 12, 2009 at the Naperville Municipal Center. Omnia’s proposal, the written comments, and the City Staff proposals for the area will then be presented to the City Council for discussion and further action on August 18, 2009 at 7:00pm. Omnia has posted its documents for that meeting under the tab entitled City Council Information.
Omnia believes its proposal is the best choice for the following reasons:
• Omnia provides more than double the number of commuter parking spaces
• Omnia is an income producer, not a tax user.
• Omnia will provide benefits to all Naperville residents, as well as the entire region